Who we are
The Entwistle Family History Association was set up in 1999 by a group of Entwistles who wanted to find out more about their family roots and to help others who wanted to do the same.
EFHA members have –
- researchers who freely assist members with their family research,
- free to access databases of information about Entwistle ancestors,
- Twissle Times, the EFHA quarterly newsletter containing stories, research hints and the latest news about Entwistles,
all from as little as £7.50 per year!
You can join the EFHA using our international, secure on-line payment system. Just click on the EFHA Membership link.
Please contact us with your news or views. Use the links at the top of the page to see the range of information and stories on our website.
Enjoy your visit!
In the Members’ Area
Members are able to access resources on our databases to find out more about their ancestors by using their annual password to gain entry. They can make use of:
- the Twissle Times archive,
- a free download of Grimshaw’s history of the Entwistles, “The Entwisle Family”,
- Excel files containing census records of the Entwistles living in south Lancashire in the 19th century – you can download these by area and search for your ancestors on your own computer,
- censuses by County. These are listed alphabetically by county, then by town within each county. Other counties with a larger number of Entwistles will appear later as a separate list. Note: Cheshire, Derbyshire, Durham, Essex, Hampshire, Kent, Lancashire, Middlesex, Staffordshire, Surrey and Yorkshire are not included.
- Entwistle births, marriages and deaths. EFHA members have transcribed records relating to the UK Entwistle entries in the former General Register Office Index (St Catherine’s Index) for Births, Marriages and Deaths which is now held in the National Archives in Kew, London.
The EFHA Committee